Epidemiologist/Health Data Analyst, Equatorial Guinea
Medical Care Development
About the organization
Over the past 40 years, Medical Care Development International (MCDI), the international health division of Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), has worked to strengthen health systems through practical, evidence-based and high-impact interventions across several public health sectors in over 40 countries. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholder to improve the health outcomes of vulnerable populations. By joining MCDI, employees join a diverse network of highly capable individuals, many of whom are experts in their field.
MCDI is seeking an experienced Epidemiologist/Health Data Analyst to join the BIMEP Team overseeing and managing the monitoring and evaluation component. Qualified candidates with subject matter expertise in infectious disease surveillance and informatics are preferred. This role will design studies of environmental health problems, organize and direct the research staff in carrying out these studies, and compile and
* Master of Science in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Statistics, Population Health, and/or Public Health related field.
* Fluent oral and written Spanish is required.
* Good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an additional asset.
* Monitoring and Evaluation Professional with health program M&E work experience in developing countries;
* Extensive experience in data processing and database management (from data capturing to data analysis for decision-making). This should include high level knowledge in the use of database management software (e.g. preferably, MS Access, SQL-Server and/or other), SQL, MS Excel, and data analysis software (e.g. R, SAS, STATA, SPSS, EPI Info, and/or other).
* Experience in managing and/or working with information systems in at least one of the following areas: health information, drug supplies management, and/or Indoor Residual Spraying or other disease control intervention services.
* Experience in providing epidemiologic direction, guidance and assistance to government agencies, or public and private organizations to control public health problems affecting a population.
* Established track record in monitoring and evaluation of health programs, preferably malaria control or other infectious diseases, in a developing country setting.
* Experience in implementing / managing household surveys (preferably malaria indicator surveys), including training and supervision of enumerators, processing
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to [email protected] and [email protected] Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales. Position will be open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job