About the organization
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
Under general supervision, plans, develops, and conducts epidemiologic investigations, surveillance, and interventions limited in scope and/or complexity to determine the causes of diseases and implement methods of disease control. Collects, analyzes, and interprets statistical data and prepares epidemiologic reports. This position works to promote and protect the health and safety.
• Master’s degree in public health or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience performing epidemiologic work or work in a closely related field.
• Experience working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and engaging in strategic partnerships Proficiency with Strong understanding of design and implementation of research and epidemiologic studies Microsoft Office Suite
• Organizational skills demonstrating high attention to detail and the ability to organize multiple priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills required for teamwork and interaction with people across CDC and with external partners.
• Knowledge of SAS, SPSS, STATA, or other statistical software
Proficiency in writing comprehensive statistical and analytical reports
Excellent written and oral communications.
• Ability to remain calm under intense stress and a fast pace environment.
• Possess strong data management and analysis skills.
• Experience conducting research on epidemiology of infectious diseases.
• Experience with data visualization (e.g., Tableau) is preferred.
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems (e.g., ArcGIS) is preferred.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job