Environmental Policy Analyst / IT Specialist
Environmental Protection Agency
About the organization
At EPA, you can protect human health and the environment of all Americans, and you'll discover that EPA is one great place to work! We offer great benefits and work flexibilities, and our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career.
This position is located in the Office of Air and Radiation, Office of Atmospheric Programs, Clean AIr Markets Division in Washington, DC.
For more information on our office, visit www.epa.gov/airmarkets.
EPA’s Clean Air Markets Division (CAMD) is seeking enthusiastic Environmental Policy Analysts and IT Specialists interested in working with emissions and environmental data to develop new rules and communicate with the public.
CAMD operates several federal air pollution control programs and, as part of those programs, collects hourly emissions data from power plants to support implementation and compliance assessment. The data are also used for analyses to support new rulemakings and assess program performance and environmental improvement.
We are looking for several candidates with an interest and aptitude to work with our Data Analysis & Applications Team to:
- Develop technical and policy analyses, tools, and documents to support regulatory development, reporting, and implementation of air quality regulations;
- Develop web pages and web applications to provide stakeholders access to information about our programs, analyses, and progress;
- Establish and maintain working relationships with stakeholders internal and external to the Agency on air quality management.
1. Commitment to the mission of EPA--protect human health and the environment
2. Interest and aptitude for analyzing data and/or developing web sites/applications
3. Willingness to learn and work closely with other team members (policy analysts, developers, engineers)
$47,016 (GS-7) - $128,920 (GS-13), salary based on education and experience
Contact email: [email protected]
If you're interested in learning more about the positions, please send a CV to the contact above.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply