Environmental Community Organizer
Texas Campaign for the Environment
About the organization
TEXAS CAMPAIGN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (TCE) envisions a Texas free from pollution, where all communities have equal access to healthy land, water, and air.
We are the largest and most successful environmental nonprofit in Texas, and the only one with a state-wide presence in all 181 legislative districts in Texas.
Our dedicated year-round presence in our community, and the crucial grassroots organizing that we do every day, has resulted in monumental changes in our state and local environmental policies, and we've held polluters accountable for their actions! TCE has truly pioneered a community-based structure of organizing.
Key Responsibilities are further our political organizing and public education efforts through:
• Grassroots community organizing
• Membership recruitment and fundraising
• Grassroots community outreach and coalition-building
• Identifying voters and volunteers
• Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
• Meeting with elected officials and other policymakers
• High-level relationship building skills with the ability to build consensus, engage a wide range of diverse stakeholders and allies, and navigate complex community and political dynamics.
• Ability to work independently, problem solve, and manage time and priorities.
• Good listening, speaking, and writing communication skills.
• Genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics, and the vision of a just and equitable society.
• Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
$450/week + bonuses
Contact email: [email protected]
A more detailed application and request for resume will be presented to immediately qualified persons.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job