Environmental Community Organizer
Texas Campaign for the Environment
About the organization
Texas Campaign for the Environment (TCE) has been fighting for every Texan’s right to clean land, clean air, and clean water since 1991.
Our purpose is to organize communities across the state to stand up to big polluters, to keep the pressure on our elected officials to do everything in their power to protect the people they serve, and to keep our homes and livelihoods safe and healthy for the present day as well as the generations to come.
If you have a passion for work that creates a difference in the world around you or if you’ve noticed the declining state of environmental protections and you want to do something about it please keep reading to learn more about how you can get involved with the movement!
Our dedicated year-round presence in our community, and the crucial grassroots advocacy that we do every day, has resulted in monumental changes in our state and local environmental policies, and we've held polluters accountable for their actions! TCE has truly pioneered a community-based structure of organizing.
We currently need new voices to add to our current staff of professional, skilled, and passionate activists to strengthen our community lobbying presence. We offer extensive training and opportunities for management experience and travel.
Qualified candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine passion for the environment and progressive politics. Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
· Membership recruitment and fundraising
· Identifying voters and volunteers
· Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
· Meeting with elected officials and other policymakers
· High-level relationship building skills with the ability to build consensus, engage a wide range of diverse stakeholders and allies, and navigate complex community and political dynamics.
· Ability to work independently, problem solve, and manage time and priorities.
· Good listening, speaking, and writing communication skills.
· Genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics, and the vision of a just and equitable society.
· Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
Contact email: [email protected]
Send your resume to the jobsdallas email or feel free to fill out our short form.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job