Environmental Advocate Internship
Clean Water Action: Baltimore
About the organization
Clean Water Action is an organization working to empower people to take action to protect America's waters, build healthy communities and to make democracy work for all of us. Clean Water Action has succeeded in some of the nation's most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research and political advocacy focused on holding elected officials accountable to the public.
Clean Water Action is dedicated to being an anti racist organization. We believe that those most affected by environmental degradation should have a voice at the table and solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for the most vulnerable among us.
Clean Water Action is currently accepting applications for our Fall 2021 internship program. Our internship provides motivated and talented individuals. (Please only apply if you have specific plans to be located near or travel to our Baltimore Clean Water Action office. We do not provide any housing assistance. )
Responsibilities of a CWA Intern:
• Learn the importance of environmental damages and how to enforce environmental law.
• Identify individuals who wish to participate in the activities of including letter writing, attending meetings, etc
• Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
• Raise funds to support our research, lobbying, and educational campaigns.
• Promote clean, renewable energy and combat climate change.
• Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision-makers
• Located within a commutable distance of the Baltimore area.
• Must commit to a minimum of 10 weeks for 20 hours per week. (Minimum 3 Shifts, 2:00pm-9:30pm Monday through Friday.)
• Must be able to provide COVID vaccination documentation.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion.
• A desire for non-profit career development is a plus.
• Experience with canvassing and political organizing is a big plus!
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply