Environment and Natural Resources Associate or Senior Associate (Remote, US-based)
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals for climate change adaptation, and environmental and natural resource management in developing countries.
* Develop and promote best practices and new approaches that contribute to the body of knowledge on how to understand and address climate change adaptation in multiple development settings. Assist in the identification of prospective clients and strategies to apply and share the knowledge, including writing position papers and coordinating marketing efforts.
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including project startup and closeout.
* Represent Tetra Tech ID to clients in the US and developing countries.
* Provide coverage for project management and contract oversight and management (periodically in the field), and strong financial management oversight.
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ID sectors.
* Minimum of Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in climate change adaptation, forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, ecology, business administration, resource economics, sociology/anthropology, or other related field;
* Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience, including at least three (3) years overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations;
* Previous experience working with USAID required;
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in climate change adaptation and related fields (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, environmental compliance and management);
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Functional competence in either French or Spanish;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* This position requires frequent international travel (25% - 40%);
*Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample (Must be sole author, maximum 10 pages)
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job