Environment and Disaster Management Graduate Internship Fall 2023
World Wildlife Fund, Inc.
About the organization
Internships at WWF
WWF’s internship program vision is to recruit professionals early in their careers who bring fresh thinking and innovation to the environmental and conservation sector and are well positioned to develop into the next generation of leaders. Our mission is to increase exposure of students from underrepresented populations to conservation and environmental careers, provide professional development opportunities, reduce the barriers to attracting a diverse pool of internship candidates, and develop a pipeline for future WWF hires from underrepresented populations.
WWF seeks an Environment and Disaster Management (EDM) Graduate Intern for fall 2023. The EDM program works to ensure that disaster recovery, reconstruction and risk reduction efforts include environmentally responsible considerations.
WWF is seeking applications from motivated students or recent graduates with interest in disaster management, climate change adaptation, water resource management, conservation, development, and/or communications to support several work streams including:
• Conducting desktop research for a variety of projects related to environmentally responsible disaster risk reduction, recovery and reconstruction, nature-based solutions for flood management, and other EDM programs, as needed.
• Supporting program website communications including web stories, videos, newsletters, and promotion using social media and website platforms.
• Supporting the nature-based coastal resilience and flood management programing by assisting in the development of trainings, communications, project development.
• Support the implementation of youth oriented-engagement program.
• A Graduate degree (completed or in process) is required, with focus in any combination of communications, environmental/natural resources management, conservation sciences, urban planning, climate change, disaster/emergency management and/or development.
• Excellent research and written/oral communications skills.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, Word Press or other website platforms.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous projects and work independently.
• Curiosity, creative and innovative thinking.
• A commitment to the mission, goals and values of WWF.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job