Entertainment, Sports, and Autos Writer
About the organization
Endgame360 is a remote, digital media company that runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. At Endgame360, our primary goal is to delight our millions of monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
Apply online today! To be considered, please complete an application at www.endgame360.com/careers
As a writer with one of our sites, Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, or MotorBiscuit, you will develop unique story ideas and angles based on breaking and trending news, social media, and your industry knowledge of what will perform well in the organic search space.
Our writers follow the quality guidelines for their site, demonstrate knowledge of what a quality article on your site is, and avoid issues of problematic headlines, weak attribution, poor grammar, and other potential issues that could cause readers to view your site’s work in a negative light.
Writers are asked to produce 4-6 winning search articles each working day by identifying trending topics and covering multiple ideas per day with a high page view rating.
Professional experience as a writer, in either the entertainment, sports or autos industries, is preferred. Digital Media experience also preferred.
We offer competitive pay, a monthly bonus program, remote work, flexible paid time off, health benefits, and more!
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, or WI. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics relevant to your site, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A drive to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- The ability to self-edit thoroughly and quickly.
- The ability to use our communication tools like Slack, Asana, and Google Suite — or willingness and ability to get up to speed with using ours in your first 90 days.
- The willingness and ability to use video call technology for both small and large meetings.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- A willingness to learn & adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
$46,000-$59,000 + monthly bonus
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job