Burao Academy of Science & Technology
About the organization
The Burao Academy of Science and Technology is an independent, non-profit, coeducational, boarding school serving grades 7-12 and offering comprehensive education with special focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) as well as practical career training in the technical field. The school prepares students from the Horn of Africa for real world situations with a seamless combination of strong academics, technical applications, and analytical problem-solving skills. The school uses common planning time, an extended school day, and teacher collaboration to drive student achievement.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated teachers to take on an exciting challenge to teach in Somaliland. If you want to touch lives each passing day, if you believe that every child deserves the right to a high-quality education, if you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities, apply today!
Planning, preparing and delivering lessons. preparing teaching materials. helping students improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills - individual and group sessions:
• Assist in developing and implementing plans for the curriculum program.
• Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social,
and emotional development of students.
• Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare
• Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned, e.g. youth clubs or library
• Flexible and willing to fill in and assist as needed at the school.
• Prepared to collaborate and communicate with other teachers, parents and the school board.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Technical degree preferred but not required
• Native English speakers
• Work experience in Africa or other developing countries is desirable
• Experience teaching, lesson planning or supervising children in an education setting
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to adapt to change and be flexible
Room and board on campus, a monthly stipend , round-trip airfare from your home country to Somaliland, emergency travel evacuation insurance
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job