English Teacher School Year 2022-2023 (Washington)
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
Who We Are
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
- Project Time
- Mentor Time
- Self-Directed Learning Time and Interventions
- Collaboration & Professional Development
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, and the belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Teaching Certification in Washington or another US state (with a pathway to Washington State certification)
- Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree in Education is preferred, but not required)
- Clear health and background check
- Teaching experience in your subject preferred, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job