About the organization
Mary’s Place provides safe and inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. We operate a women’s day center and several 24x7 family centers/shelters in King County. We serve hundreds of families–moms, dads, and children–providing a safe place for them to be inside and together at night, along with food, showers, clothing, and access to housing and employment resources. We believe that no one’s child should sleep outside.
Valuing diversity and championing equity are core values at Mary’s Place. Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse work environment and a commitment to social justice.
• Assess individual’s job readiness, occupational training needs, and/or need for additional community resources within the employment and financial literacy fields.
• Work with the individual to develop clear and realistic employment and
• educational objectives
• Coach clients in developing job skills, building resumes, writing cover letters, etc., and provide clients with job search information.
• Research employment partners on behalf of Mary’s Place clients and connect best fit candidates
• Partner with the Employment Services Director to provide individuals with support services, and/or make referrals to other community agencies to resolve employment barriers.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience in social services, social work, education, or related field desired
• One to two years of experience working with homeless people or a similar population required
• Ability to relate in an empathetic, supportive, non-judgmental manner, works well with men, women and children from all ethnic, social, economic and sexual orientation backgrounds
• Access to reliable transportation and the ability and willingness to travel throughout King County and work from multiple sites
• Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply for this opportunity, please email resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job