Home Builders Institute Inc
About the organization
The Home Builders Institute (HBI) is the nation’s leading educational resource for career technical education in the building industry. HBI provides its students with the skills and experience they need for careers in residential construction.
The organization offers pre-apprenticeship training, job placement services, mentoring, certification programs, and online learning across the country to youth, veterans, displaced workers and others who want to be a part of America’s trained workforce.
HBI does more than provide job skills. Its programs build character and self-esteem, helping students develop what they need to succeed on the job and in life. HBI changes lives every day.
HBI is currently seeking an Electrical Instructor at Fort Campbell Career Center in Clarksville, TN.
As an electrical instructor, you will demonstrate—through hands-on training and classroom instruction—proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of polished trades professionals. Specific duties are as follows:
• Instruct program participants in electrical wiring using approved curriculum.
• Develop curriculum and supporting training materials, as needed.
• Coordinate hands-on training activities including on-site and community-based projects.
• Demonstrate proper tool and equipment use, with an emphasis on safety.
• Recommend students for job placement.
• Monitor and coach trainees.
• Perform various administrative and reporting functions, as required.
• A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• At least five years of experience in electrical needed.
• Must have basic computer skills, including some experience with database and MS Office
• Strong coaching skills and the determination to teach, inspire and lead future trades professionals are essential.
• A strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must.
• Valid state driver's license required.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nVWXr2hNXPK2TAYLHwLjp
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job