International Rescue Committee
Under the supervision of the Economic Empowerment & Education Manager, the Education Specialist will work on the Asthma Mitigation Project for Underserved Peoples (AMP’d UP). The Education Specialist will provide information about basic asthma facts, use of medications, self-management techniques and self-monitoring skills, and actions to mitigate or control environmental exposures that exacerbate asthma symptoms, consistent with clinically appropriate guidelines. The Specialist will integrate this education into existing activities such as individualized case management, immigration workshops, cultural orientations for new arrivals, wellness support groups, financial education classes, vocational ESL classes as well as job readiness trainings.
· Implement and conduct classroom-based courses, breakout room content, and 1:1 sessions that are based on AMP’d UP curriculum.
· Utilize online databases to set class schedules and lessons, and oversee class operations
· Keep accurate attendance records and conduct client pre- and post-assessments, including data entry
· Design, coordinate, and implement supplemental workshops for cases that require additional support and information
· Assist in the development and implementation of monthly trainings for all eligible clients.
Undergraduate degree in Teaching, Finance, Business or an equivalent field of study.
· Demonstrated relevant work experience in teaching multi-cultural populations on relevant topics.
· Prior experience providing direct service to underserved or refugee populations preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with an array of workforce and financial topics, including job readiness training and financial capabilities curriculums.
· Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds strongly preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Extensive experience in presenting, teaching, and leading training workshops.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly Word and Excel required. Prior experience using tracking systems.
· Attention to detail and ability to efficiently and accurately organize, track, and communicate information.
· Commitment to teamwork and collaboration across all IRC programs.
· Highly motivated with an ability to work independently, develop new classes and programming, and be a self-starter, maintaining responsibility for multiple tasks.
· Blended virtual and office work environment coupled with regular travel in and around the service delivery area.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job