Education Community Manager
Alliance for Decision Education
About the organization
The Alliance for Decision Education is an educational nonprofit dedicated to the belief that better decisions lead to better lives and a better society. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with the essential skills to make better decisions.
The Alliance for Decision Education is working to build the field of Decision Education and create a national movement to ensure that Decision Education is part of every middle and high school student’s learning experience. We believe this will make a positive difference in the lives of students and also in society as a whole for generations to come.
For more information, please visit www.AllianceForDecisionEducation.org.
Reporting to the Director of Education, the Education Community Manager (ECM) will grow, develop, and inspire a community of education stakeholders committed to the hard and exciting work of developing Decision Education knowledge, skills, and dispositions in all students. How best to do this is the essential problem the Alliance aims to build an educator community to solve. We expect these education stakeholders to include teachers, education leaders (including superintendents, assistant superintendents, and principals), and instructional coaches, as well as educators who work with other types of education-focused organizations other than schools (e.g. libraries, museums, and out-of-school-time programs).
The Alliance for Decision Education is seeking an experienced and effective Education Community Manager. Qualifications of an ideal candidate include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with K-12 formal education, including as an educator, education leader, and/or in support of schools/teachers (e.g. working for an educational nonprofit or EdTech company); experience specifically in teacher professional learning or professional development is a plus.
- At least 3-4 years of experience with building and managing a community of education stakeholders
- Understanding of key community metrics and demonstrated success growing these metrics
- A master’s-level degree is expected, but other paths to an equivalent level of knowledge and experience will be given equal consideration
Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the Alliance’s mission
- Sincere commitment to building relationships and working collaboratively with stakeholders, staff, and vendors
- Gracious professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of initiatives concurrently; ability to create programming schedules and to keep deadlines
-Innovative thinking at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Responsible and conscientious, with outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email your resume and a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements and where you learned about the job opportunity) to [email protected] by January 31, 2021. The Alliance for Decision Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Perks include a comprehensive benefits package (including health and dental insurance completely covered for you and your family, a 401k with 5% match, and long term disability insurance), generous paid time off and sick-time policies, and a laptop and other tools and resources to help you do your best work.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job