Editor and Content Officer - Earth Journalism Network
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Editor of the Earth Journalism Network (EJN) manages and edits the environmental content for Internews - an organization devoted to international media development. As the lead editorial support staff member for EJN - Internews' environmental media program, and a global community of over 13,000 journalists dedicated to covering environmental issues - the Editor manages, edits and maintains streams of content generated as a result of EJN programs, platforms and partnerships, improving upon content, monitoring and evaluating the reach and quality of EJN's editorial activities, and directly managing the production and distribution of EJN's content. In addition, the Editor supports various EJN activities, in particular coordinating the selection and implementation of story grants, mentoring the journalists from whom we commission stories, managing the EJN website and our social media pages. In many of these tasks, the Editor will have the support of other staff. The Editor will support EJN's Executive Director and provide back-up for: project implementation; monitoring and evaluation; Fellowship programs; staff and deliverables; donor reporting; and proposal development.
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1382
- Five or more years related work experience in an editorial position, preferably a newsroom
- Experience covering and working on environmental issues
- Experience managing media and/or development projects
- Ability and willingness to travel to conferences and international locations
- Willingness to work with international colleagues in distant (and multiple) time zones, including participation in meetings after normal working hours
- Familiarity with content management systems and workflows
- Strong English-language writing and copy editing skills; experience with video production/editing a plus
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Multilingual skills, data journalism, and web design experience are a plus. So is experience with multimedia editing, design programs, and/or web analytics
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job