Economics Communication Specialist
About the organization
Since its founding in 1701, Yale has been dedicated to expanding and sharing knowledge, inspiring innovation, and preserving cultural and scientific information for future generations
General Purpose: The Yale University Department of Economics, along with its three interlinked research centers, the Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, the Economic Growth Center, and The Tobin Center for Economic Policy, seeks an Economics Communications Specialist to increase the reach of their research and programming. The Communications Specialist will have a clear working knowledge of economics as well as skills in writing, research translation, and project management through websites, social media and other communications outlets.
The Communications Specialist will work directly with faculty and other team members to create content for a range of audiences including academics, donors and the public. In collaboration with other staff members, the individual will keep a cross-center editorial calendar and coordinate the deployment of content via a variety of communications channels. The Communications Specialist will play a key role working with faculty and leadership to identify resource gaps in research priority areas and translating them into grant proposals and other strategically focused communications materials. The Communications Specialist will play a key role in media relations, including drafting press releases, identifying relevant journalists and managing media outreach.
• Strong understanding of economics, as demonstrated by coursework, written outputs or other similar channels.
• Outstanding writing skills and ability to develop interesting content. Of particular interest are skills in public communications and grant proposals, including an ability to integrate economics research into coherent and effective written materials for both academic and lay audiences.
• Experience creating and maintaining webpages and writing and disseminating social media content.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and balance priorities, as needed.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders.
• Preferred Education and Experience: Masters or higher degree in economics, public policy, international development or equivalent working knowledge of economics, plus two years’ related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job