Dallas County Marshal's Service
About the organization
The Dallas County Marshals Service is a 24-7-365 life safety organization comprised of diverse professional men and women who embody the best aspects of law enforcement, corporate security and related support functions. ‘Service First, Always’ is the Department motto, and we consider it our duty and privilege not only to protect citizens, employees and property from both crime and misfortune, but also to provide the highest levels of service and assistance at every opportunity. The primary responsibility of the DCMS is to protect all buildings, facilities and property owned by Dallas County, and to protect the employees and citizens who work in, or visit, these same locations.
• Multi-tasking the monitoring of fire and intrusion alarm systems, security video cameras, and other computer and alarm equipment and maintaining radio communication with DCSD Security personnel and/or others regarding security emergencies, general calls for service, maintenance, etc. on a constant basis.
• Answers phones and communicates with related staff, citizens, and employees. As events occur, dispatch appropriate personnel and others to respond to routine, emergency and facilities or maintenance problems. Inform key DCSD Command staff and / or supervisory personnel of emergency or potential emergency situations.
• Maintain various logs of incidents, communications and phone calls as appropriate. Completes informational reports via the DCSD Records Management and Incident Reporting system as required or appropriate.
• Operates as dispatch for Facilities and Maintenance after hours and on weekends.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Availability to work varying shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and/or overtime.
• Must pass an intensive background investigation and drug test.
• No FELONY or class A MISDEMEANOR convictions.
• No class B MISDEMEANOR convictions within the last ten (10) years.
• Graduation from an accredited high school/GED Program.
• One (1) year of public service work related experience or 15 hours from an accredited college or university, or a combination of the two.
• Must be 21 years of age and meet the minimum mental and physical standards
$14.36/hr - $17.64/hr
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job