About the organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Global Communities is seeking a Director of Safeguarding to join the Executive Office at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Director, Safeguarding is responsible for the coordinated global program to ensuring a safe and respectful environment for all staff, representative
s, partners, participants, and anyone with whom Global Communities interacts worldwide, especially children and adults at risk.
Responsibility Area: Safeguarding Culture & Leadership
* Establish a culture of prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment through the development of appropriate policies, procedures, trainings and communications.
* Cultivate a strong network of Focal Points across Global Communities offices to support consistent and effective Safeguarding protocols, learning and training.
* Coordinate and provide support to the various Global Communities stakeholders to conduct investigations into reported violations, including appointing Investigation Managers or Independent (external) Investigators for each case, or serve as the Investigation Manager for cases where appropriate/necessary.
* Serve as Global Communities’ representative at interagency working groups related to Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse and Workplace Se
Responsibility Area: Safeguarding Framework Design & Management
* Implement Global Communities’ Safeguarding
Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of eight years of related work experience or a minimum of 12 years of related work experience.
Professional experience in Safeguarding program design and implementation, with clear demonstration of rights-based approaches to development and the application of Safeguarding technical advice.
US work authorization required.
A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
Must have U.S. work authorization.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job