Director, Quaker United Nations Office - New York
Quaker United Nations Office
About the organization
“Grounded in the Quaker belief that there is that of the divine in every person, QUNO New York seeks a United Nations that addresses key drivers of peace and violence, including the structures and systems that produce exclusion and injustice; that facilitates and supports change through peaceful means; and whose policies and practices reflect a diversity of voices, such that people around the world can safely and peacefully achieve their potential.” ~ QUNO Vision Statement
The Director, as the senior representative (together with the Director of QUNO-Geneva), leads the Quaker presence and witness at the UN. Their responsibilities include advancing the QUNO mission through effective programmatic and administrative leadership; playing a key role in obtaining and managing financial resources (including grant management); and managing outreach and collaboration activities.
1. Member of the Religious Society of Friends, and currently active in the life of the Religious Society of Friends. Deep personal devotion to Quaker values and testimonies and high standards of personal and professional integrity.
2. Familiarity and compatibility with Quaker values and testimonies that undergird the work and methods of QUNO and an understanding of and commitment to the concerns and considerations of the Religious Society of Friends world-wide.
3. Commitment to non-violence, equality and social justice and the belief in the intrinsic worth of every individual.
4. Familiarity with international diplomatic practices or policy processes. Demonstrated results in outreach and development.
5. Ability to travel frequently, and to work long hours and some weekends.
6. Experience functioning in both the U.S. and international arenas preferred.
7. Demonstrated experience working within a complex organizational structure, with committee decision-making, consultative processes, and within a formal framework of Quaker decision-making.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job