Director of Talent Operations
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
Summit is seeking a Director of Talent Operations, to lead the organization’s compensation structures and design, build and manage the systems used to understand people across the organization. The Director of Talent Operations will work to ensure that we have the data and information we need to attract, develop and retain a high performing and diverse faculty, to facilitate the fulfillment of our mission, and continue excellence at our schools The ideal candidate is a systems thinker, is results-oriented, excels at critical thinking and has exceptional interpersonal and project management skills.
The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. The Director of Talent Operations will report to the Senior Director of Talent Operations. The position can be remote or based in Redwood City, CA and while travel is rare, occasional (annual) visits to our school sites in WA and CA will be encouraged and supported.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and alignment with Summit Public Schools’ mission, vision and values
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- The ability to balance multiple priorities and execute effectively
- A relentless growth mindset, comfortability with ambiguity, and the willingness to learn new systems or tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking internally and externally.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in education leadership, consulting, operations or related fields.
- Willingness to travel in California and occasionally to other regions.
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
- Previous direct experience with education or non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience with recruitment software (Greenhouse, HRIS systems, etc) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job