Director of Strategy
Equitable Facilities Fund
About the organization
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $200 million to schools serving more than 25,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Recently, EFF recapitalized on the bond market, allowing us to scale our fund significantly over the coming months and years.
If you’re seeking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Director of Strategy will play a leading role in facilitating EFF’s growth as we strive to transform capital access for schools and communities. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the role will prepare key analyses and recommendations for EFF leadership and various stakeholders. This will include initiatives like:
- working with senior leadership to plan EFF’s long-term strategy and capital structure to maximize impact for schools and ensure fund sustainability
- developing and implementing marketing and outreach plans to support fundraising activities and loan pipeline development
- contributing to EFF’s efforts to solicit alternative sources of investment
- leading the creation of collateral and materials that demonstrate EFF’s impact and thought leadership in education and financial services sectors
- developing and managing the organization’s communications platforms
- assisting in procuring strategy-aligned press opportunities
This person should possess superb analytical skills as well as an exceptional ability to synthesize and communicate data and information. The ideal candidate will be deeply invested in EFF’s mission and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- At least five years of professional experience in consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or nonprofit finance.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field is highly preferred.
“Must Love Schools” -- passionate about the education sector. Experience supporting education or other nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Outstanding communications skills and experience composing materials - including PowerPoints and written summaries - for key external stakeholder audiences.
- Exemplary analytical and writing skills.
- Highly organized and strategic thinker.
- Self-starter with experience working in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with the Google suite of applications (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission, team, and school partners.
- High degree of integrity and authenticity and a good sense of humor.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job