Director of Recruitment and Selection
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
At Summit, students unlock the power within themselves to gain the knowledge, habits, and skills to successfully navigate college and careers. Summit’s research-based instructional approach informs everything we do and helped us create an educational experience unlike any other — one that supports the whole student throughout the school day.
The Teacher’s Role:
Teachers are at the heart of every Summit classroom serving as content experts, mentors, and leaders. They ensure that students have the right supports to meet and exceed grade-level expectations; help students practice self-direction, an invaluable skill that students will use in all parts of their lives; and provide mentoring and coaching to help students reach their goals.
Summit is seeking a Director of Recruitment & Selection to lead our work to attract outstanding talent. The Director will oversee the hiring process for our schools and network support teams and work to ensure that we are finding and selecting a robust and diverse pipeline of talent to achieve our mission. The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and project management skills, and a track record of change management. The successful candidate will lead two Managers of Recruitment and Selection, and partner closely with the Director of Talent Operations and the HR team.
The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. The Director of Recruitment & Selection will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The position is based in Redwood City, CA.
The Director of Recruitment & Selection is responsible for ensuring that Summit schools and the Home Office are staffed with high-quality teachers, support staff and school leaders through outstanding recruitment, selection, and retention support.
What You Need:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and alignment with Summit Public Schools’ mission, vision and
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a
persuasive capacity when speaking internally and externally
- Strong computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with a graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in education leadership, recruitment, human resources or related field
- Previous experience in education preferred but not required.
- Experience with recruitment software (Greenhouse or similar Applicant Tracking System) and/or - Tableau preferred but not required.
- Willingness to travel regularly in California and occasionally to other regions
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job