Director of Programs and Operations
Biennial of the Americas
About the organization
Launched in 2010 by civic leaders in Denver, Colorado, the Biennial of the Americas was formed as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) with the mission to create connections, build community and inspire change across the Americas.
The organization’s programs, events and initiatives are based on four strategic pillars:
● Amplify and Embrace Diverse Cultures
● Build City-to-City Connections
● Feature and Promote Rising Leaders
● Create Educational and Cultural Opportunities
The Biennial of the Americas envisions Denver as a global city that fosters collaboration and partnership across borders and Colorado as a state that is deeply connected to the Americas.
● Manage and implement events & programs:
- Americas Summits: Annual international trips with business and cultural leaders from Colorado and beyond.
- Americas Exchanges: Engagement of international speakers and artists to participate in panels, events and
- Americas Leaders Series: Workshops and expert panel discussions featuring global leaders from the
- Denver Festival: Annual CÓSMICO AMERICAS celebration of art, culture, music and food.
● Manage organizational operations and logistics
- Supervise and provide operational support for the Youth Congress for Sustainable Americas and other
- Manage budgets for programs, events and special projects
- Create & present reports and presentations as needed
- Contract vendors and other necessary temporary staff to implement events, programs and projects
- Plan and implement events, programs and special projects as assigned
● Provide PR & Marketing assistance to support events, programs and special projects
* Report directly to the Executive Director
● Strong experience in:
- Event planning & implementation
- Project management & implementation
● Spanish language fluency, master proficiency (verbal and written)
● Excellence in verbal and written communication both in English and Spanish
● Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
● Budget management expertise
● Supervisory/management or other leadership experience
● Professional and creative writing experience (marketing collateral, website & social media content)
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
● Proficient technology application skills (Advanced Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe,
Canva and general digital skills)
● Passion for creativity in designing and/or curating events and programs
● Personal or professional interest in building connections across borders
● Ability, willingness and interest in occasional international travel
● Ability to work and/or attend events outside of normal business hours when necessary
The Biennial of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an equitable, inclusive and culturally diverse workplace.
$65,000 - $85,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] Subject Line: [YOUR NAME] Director of Programs and Operations.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job