Director of Marketing and Fundraising
About the organization
buildOn is not a charity, it’s a movement! At home or abroad, buildOn's goal is to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. In the U.S., buildOn empowers urban youth to transform their neighborhoods through intensive community service and to change the world by building schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world. Internationally, buildOn is constructing schools in Haiti, Nicaragua, Nepal, Senegal, Malawi, and Mali. Our students have contributed over 2.3 million hours of service in the U.S. and have helped build nearly 1,600 schools around the world.
buildOn is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildOn.org
• Oversee all digital marketing strategy and manage digital marketing budget.
• Develop online fundraising strategy that equips external fundraisers (‘crowdraisers’) with the tools and strategies they need to succeed and converts one-time donors and non-donors into lifelong donors.
• Build and continually optimize an award-winning website with a superior user experience that drives lead generation, engagement, donations, and other supporter actions. Will lead a full redesign of buildon.org website and direct ongoing content development by marketing team.
• Create strategies – from short-term campaigns to large ongoing programs – that will drive engagement, increase funding, and grow buildOn’s movement.
• Partner with the CMO to create personalized programs and marketing journeys for buildOn’s core audience segments with the aim of creating ongoing relationships that move supporters through engagement pathways, unlocking and enhancing each individual’s commitment to the cause.
• Evaluate and enhance buildOn.org’s SEM & SEO to continually increase web traffic, drive donors and supporters to the site, and encourage supporters to take action.
• Leverage technology and data to provide recommendations based on audience behavior. Create dashboards that inform audience insights.
• Suggest and optimize tactics for CRM/email marketing programs to ensure we are reaching the right people with the right message at the right time.
BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Digital Media, Communications or a related field.
Minimum 10 years' experience in marketing/ in positions of increasing responsibility - with a focus on digital marketing and identifying emerging market trends.
Minimum 3+ years' experience in nonprofit industry preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate skills and experience in for-profit in growing engaged constituent communities and innovation.
High-level experience with email marketing platforms (MailChimp), CRM systems (Salesforce Pardot), CPC/CPA Advertising (Adwords), Wordress, social media platforms and the Adobe Creative Suite a must.
Experience with HTML and other programming languages a plus.
Experience managing people.
High level 'big picture' strategy and 'roll up your sleeves' execution.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit resume and cover letter
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply