Director of Finance and Operations - HelpAge International
About the organization
SRI Executive is a global Executive Search, Leadership and Strategy consulting practice specialising in international development for over 20 years. We have partnered with more than 200 organisations to place, coach and develop exceptional leaders and co-create future-ready strategies that lead to impact.
We bring in-depth expertise, an exclusive network and tailored approach to our work so that in Executive Search, organisations are introduced to leaders who have a combination of technical and soft skills to succeed in shaping a better world. Strategy, our teams are purpose-built with globally respected thematic experts who partner with organisations to co-create a roadmap to achieve meaningful global change. In Leadership, we have a team of trained Coaches, Psychologists and experienced HR Directors who support individuals and organisations to create impact.
The Director of Finance and Operations will have the following key responsibilities:
• Lead the strategic planning of financial, and information technology management, and direct and support the ongoing work of the department, ensuring close collaboration between Business Partners and other functions and offices in HelpAge International
• Oversee the development of HelpAge International’s financial annual planning process, evolving and adapting the systems and indicators to align with demands of the organisation and commitments.
• Provide direct line management support to the Heads of each of the Business Partner functions and have management oversight for all staff in the department.
• Provide strategic guidance to the Board and the Executive Steering Group to enable them to make timely decisions and govern and manage the organisation effectively by providing all necessary, appropriate, and relevant information and by providing leadership in risk management.
• Engage fully as a member of the Executive Steering Group taking shared responsibility for the strategic and operational management of HelpAge International
• Fulfil the role of Company Secretary and ensure that HelpAge International complies with Companies Act, Charity Commission, and other relevant legislative requirements.
• Represent HelpAge International in relevant external forums.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Strategic management experience in an international organisation, with a proven ability to design and deliver a strategy, manage change and significant complexity
• An understanding of corporate and charity governance including knowledge of international reporting standards and UK SORP
• Strategic understanding of opportunities presented by operations, IT and familiarity with key aspects of IT management and security
• Flexible approach, can work directly with staff to support problem solving and shift easily to providing strategic guidance to the CEO and the board on finance and risk.
• Ability and willingness to travel overseas.
The ideal candidate will hold a full membership of an international professional accounting body or relevant master's degree with exceptional financial experience in a complex international context
Contact email: [email protected]
SRI Executive Search has been contracted by HelpAge International to assist with the search for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Director of Finance and Operations. HelpAge International works with partners and a diverse global network of more than 150 organizations across 85 countries, supporting millions of older people to live safe, dignified, and healthy lives. Through our partnership and collaborations, we work to ensure the inclusion of older people across society and strive to deliver a just and fair world for everyone, whatever their age. Our work is driven by our desire to deliver real impact for older people, to be inclusive, to work in partnership and to learn from our shared experience.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job