Director of Digital Fundraising
About the organization
As buildOn’s Director of Digital Fundraising, you will apply your expertise in inbound marketing, online fundraising, lead generation, donor cultivation, content marketing, and technology to develop and lead strategies that will grow the buildOn movement and help end the education crisis across the globe.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in end-to-end creation and execution of digital -fundraising strategies, with a broad understanding of general marketing principles and trends. We are seeking to significantly expand our base of support, total revenue from small gifts, and the percentage of donors making monthly recurring gifts. We are also working to increase the number of digital donors who transition into higher touch, higher gift categories.
- Oversee all digital fundraising strategies and manage the digital marketing budget, including strategic oversight of all aspects of donor engagement, i.e., donor communications, digital campaigns, and stewardship programs.
- Develop an online fundraising strategy that equips external fundraisers ('crowdraisers') with the tools and strategies they need to succeed and to convert one-time donors and non-donors into lifelong donors.
- Build and continually optimize an award-winning website with a superior user experience that drives lead generation, engagement, donations, and other supporter actions. Will lead a full redesign of the buildon.org website and direct ongoing content development by the marketing team.
- Create strategies and develop customized donor-centric approaches that achieve high conversion, retention, acquisition, and loyalty to move donors up the giving pyramid - through short-term campaigns to large ongoing programs - that will drive engagement, increase funding and grow buildOn's movement.
- Partner with the CMO to create personalized programs and marketing journeys for buildOn's core audience segments to develop ongoing relationships that move supporters through engagement pathways, unlocking and enhancing each individual's commitment to the cause.
- Evaluate and enhance buildOn.org's SEM & SEO to continually increase web traffic, drive donors and supporters to the site, and encourage supporters to take action.
BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Digital Media, Communications, or a related field.
Minimum 5 years' experience in digital fundraising, marketing in positions of increasing responsibility - with a focus on digital fundraising where you've developed and executed a range of successful fundraising campaigns and identified emerging market trends.
Minimum 3+ years' experience in the nonprofit industry preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate skills and experience in for-profit in growing engaged constituent communities and innovation.
High-level experience with email marketing platforms (MailChimp), CRM systems (Salesforce Pardot), CPC/CPA Advertising (Google Ads), WordPress, social media platforms, and the Adobe Creative Suite a must.
Experience with HTML and other programming languages a plus.
Experience managing and coaching people.
High level' big picture' strategy and 'roll up your sleeves' execution.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] (Please Include Job Title in Subject Line)
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply