Director of Creativity and Production
The Anou Cooperative
About the organization
The Anou Cooperative is a community of artisans working together to transform Morocco’s current middleman focused craft economy into an artisan centered, 21st century craft economy. Our cooperative is powered by our online marketplace that enables all artisans, regardless of literacy or geographic location, to sell their work directly to customers around the world. Further, our cooperative is fully managed and owned by artisans from our community.
- Provide in person support to artisans, cooperatives and associations across Morocco in the development of their designs.
- Develop processes to provide remote design support that is scalable to thousands of artisans across Morocco.
- Identify effective strategies and processes that help expand artisan creativity in order to increase design development skills of artisans within the Anou Community.
- Support the Anou Cooperative in the design and development of collaboration tools that connect artisans with designers and their customers.
- Support all artisan groups within Anou with production issues (e.g. correct & consistent dimensions).
- Support the Anou Cooperative in the identification and sourcing of high quality craft materials.
- Develop a team of artisan leaders specialized in providing design support to artisans across the community.
- Manage Anou’s Design Studio in David Beach.
- Fluency in English and Arabic or Berber. French a plus, but not necessarily required.
- Experience working with artisans in rural communities. Preferred experience working with Moroccan artisans, particularly artisans within the Anou community.
- Degree or several years professional experience in design preferred but flexible for the right person.
- Moroccan national, Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, or Anou Supporter/Volunteer, heavily preferred.
- Ability to live and work in Morocco and travel extensively throughout Morocco to work one on one with artisan groups in their communities. Up to 50% travel may be expected.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often times opaque environment with minimal supervision and structure.
Contact email: [email protected]
Send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject “Director of Creativity and Production” and submit answers to the two following questions in English:
- Why is the Anou Cooperative important to the Moroccan artisan community?
- How would you improve the Anou Cooperative in the position you are applying for?
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply