Director, Integrated Operations - Climate & Resilience
The Rockefeller Foundation
About the organization
The Rockefeller Foundation advances new frontiers of science, data, policy and innovation to solve global challenges related to health, food, power and economic mobility. As a science-driven philanthropy focused on building collaborative relationships with partners and grantees, The Rockefeller Foundation seeks to inspire and foster large-scale human impact that promotes the well-being of humanity throughout the world by identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations.
• Partners with the MD, Climate & Resilience, the Climate & Resilience programmatic leads, and the wider Foundation to deliver on key strategic Climate & Resilience goals, priorities and objectives in pursuit of the Foundation’s vision, mission and key objectives.
• Establishes a formal management system within the team to review progress, resolve issues, and support their needs, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
• Benchmarks the team’s financial, operational and team performance against key peer organizations and identifies, imports and implements best practices to guide and set best-in-class policies, programs, practices and organizational systems for the Climate & Resilience team.
• Ensures systematic learning and reflection processes are in place that lead to continuous improvement.
• Serves as a thought partner to the MD on important strategic and organizational projects, issues and questions, managing the flow of communications, from the Foundation and external parties as directed by the MD.
• Will supervise and oversee the operations of the Climate & Resilience team, policies and procedures of this team, including any key special projects such as ensuring that the Climate & Resilience work is integrated across the entire Foundation including any health-related work being done in the Regional Offices and in the field.
• Supports the MD in the management of the budget and forecasts, Quarterly Reviews and all operational aspects of the team.
• Communication: Has excellent interpersonal abilities including strong listening, writing and verbal skills; demonstrates assertiveness and effectiveness in presenting their ideas to a variety of internal and external audiences and for multiple and diverse purposes.
• Decision-Making: Has the ability to evaluate risks and opportunities; uses analytical and problem-solving skills; takes initiative and drives for results; is able to prioritize their own work and the work of others and understands how their work fits into the team and the overall work of the Foundation.
• Execution: Has strong project management skills; manages their own time well and provides the necessary guidance and direction to others that allows them to successfully meet deadlines; has a sense of urgency and takes responsibility for their work and how it impacts the rest of the team; is able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously; is able to multi-task and works well under pressure; employs attention to detail with their work and has high standards for accomplishing their work.
• Integration: Accesses functional and substantive expertise organizationally, and accomplishes their work with inclusiveness and collaboration.
• Leadership: Thinks innovatively and creatively about their work, has strong negotiation skills which enable them to work effectively and efficiently across a large amount of work, people and all internal and external constituencies and demonstrates accountability for their work.
Please include resume and cover letter with your application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job