Director, Inclusion & Engagement
About the organization
Breaking Ground’s mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorkers.
The Director of Inclusion and Engagement ensures that the organization's approach to furthering our inclusion efforts is consultative and that the organization has the internal capacity to implement resulting strategies. The Director will cultivate and further embed a diverse and inclusive culture across all facets of the organization. The Director will be responsible for the development and execution of strategic initiatives and programs, including training/education, workforce partnerships, and employee engagement.
· Conduct research in connection with D&I objectives, best practices, and benchmarking and defining BG deliverables.
· Leverage data to identify opportunities for growth, promote adoption of inclusive practices, establish D&I reporting, and communicate insights and recommendations.
· Work collaboratively on internal and external communications strategy that brings to life BG’s culture, and drives employee engagement as it relates to equity.
· Enhance leadership awareness, commitment, and accountability for employee experience and diversity action plans across the organization.
· Create and oversee employee resource groups to ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
· Work collaboratively to implement diversity and inclusion strategies
Knowledge in creating presentations, executive talking points, and external materials around diversity initiatives.
Established experience working in a collaborative environment with a proven ability to quickly gain consensus.
Proven success in creating and implementing diversity and inclusion strategies.
Demonstrated ability to drive change: to transform, align and inspire across all levels within an organization.
Exceptional interpersonal, systems development/ implementation, and project management skills.
Proven experience leading large-scale change management initiatives and demonstrated solid business acumen, analytical skills, reliability and sound judgment.
Experience in translating external and internal trends into innovative practices.
Proven track record of facilitating organization-wide initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, drive decision-making, and measure impact.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Must have superior MS office skills including report development and presentation. Must have aptitude for technology integration.
Excellent initiative, work ethic and creativity.
Ability to be flexible to rapidly changing needs.
Ability to be a team player and travel to/from metro NY sites. Ability to develop service driven collaborations.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job