Director, Health Financing
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have a record of working with partners to make bold financial commitments to healthcare? If so, you may be the next Director, Health Financing.
Last Mile Health’s health financing program supports governments seeking to reform and strengthen their community health systems. Our health financing team works closely with our country teams and government counterparts to design programs and ensure adequate, sustainable, and smart financing is applied to these community health programs.
The Director, Health Financing will lead the growing and evolving health finance portfolio and strategy for Last Mile Health. The Director’s primary responsibility will be to support execution of the health financing portfolio of activities – this includes both oversight and direct engagement on project activities. The Director will support external engagement to share our learning and experience in this sector, build like-minded partnerships, and manage LMH’s internal knowledge around this field.
Please note that this position can be located in New York City, NY or Washington, D.C.
What You'll Bring
- At least 8 years of professional work experience in applied health financing and/or public policy
- Intimate knowledge of health financing policy, international health and development issues at the global level
- Minimum of 5 years previous management experience, preferably an integrated team of national and international staff members
- Experience with the technical components of health finance (e.g., costing analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, benefits design, resource mobilization, strategic purchasing, fiscal space analysis, benefits incidence, national health accounts exercises, resource mapping)
- Master’s in Public Health, International Studies / Public Policy, Health Economics or related field
You'll Impress Us If
- You have previous experience and knowledge working with major donors to global health such as USAID, Global Fund, or the World Bank
- You have experience in health financing in Sub Saharan Africa
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job