Director, Donor Impact - West Coast
About the organization
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. By participating in Jumpstart’s yearlong program, children develop the language, literacy, and social and emotional skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path for lifelong success. Since 1993, Jumpstart has trained 54,000 college students and community volunteers to transform the lives of over 136,000 preschool children nationwide. Jumpstart is also a proud member of the AmeriCorps service network. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.orgOpens in New Window.
For full job description and descriptions of other jobs at Jumpstart: jstart.org/about/careers
The Director of Donor Impact is a key position within the Development Department and is responsible for maximizing the fundraising opportunities for Jumpstart on the West Coast, primarily in the Bay Area and Greater Los Angeles. This position manages a portfolio of individual donors and implements the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship moves necessary to meet an annual fundraising goal, including fundraising for a major local gala. In addition the Director helps manage and inform the strategy for Local Advisory Boards in San Francisco and LA.
• Develop and implement a robust moves management plan to cultivate, solicit, and steward West Coast individual donors to meet annual fundraising goal
• Execute strategic activities to build the pipeline of individual donors on the West Coast, including small cultivation events, leveraging Jumpstart’s existing network, etc.
• Partner with Executive and Leadership Team members, as well as other Jumpstart staff, to deepen relationships with donors
• With support from the Senior Director and VP of Development, manage Local Advisory Boards in San Francisco and Los Angeles, including meeting regularly with Board members and engaging them in Jumpstart’s work; and inform strategic conversations about the purpose and future management of these Boards
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, sales, or development work including directly managing relationships with donors
• Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, securing, and growing a network of individual donors, with evidence of securing gifts of $10,000 and greater
• Strong communication, including written, public speaking and presentation skills, with evidence of successful relationship management and donor communications
• Comprehensive strategic thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail along with ability to juggle various timelines and deliver on deadlines
• Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as necessary for completion of job duties
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values of learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
Preferred or Ideal
• Experience in supporting successful fundraising events
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
• Experience with Salesforce
Approximately 20% travel
December 2019 (desired start date, yet open until filled)
• Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA (SF preferred)
$65,000 - $70,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete the online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.jstart.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job