Director, Donor Impact - California
Jumpstart For Young Children
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 14 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging nearly 30 years of experience serving over 140,700 children with the support of more than 60,400 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart
The Director, Donor Impact - California is a key position within the Development Division and the Donor Impact team and is responsible for maximizing the fundraising opportunities for Jumpstart, primarily in the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles. This position manages a portfolio of individual major donors and implements the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship moves necessary to meet an annual fundraising goal, contributing to a team goal of $7.7M+ and the organization’s annual private revenue goal of $15.8M+. The organization is entering year 2 of a $120M Growth Capital Campaign to fund a 5-year strategic plan.
This position also manages and informs the strategy for Local Advisory Boards in the Bay Area and Los Angeles. The Director, Donor Impact supports board-driven local annual cultivation events in partnership with the appropriate staff on the Marketing and Communications team.
The ideal candidate has superb relationship management skills, demonstrating emotional acuity and the ability to listen to, understand, and meaningfully engage donors from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives. Strong communication skills are a must, both in external and internal communications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, thrives in a growing organization, and is comfortable navigating across time zones and geographies to get their work done while exemplifying Jumpstart’s values of community, learning, social justice, joy, and inclusive leadership.
• At least 5-7 years of professional experience in fundraising, sales, or development work
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
• Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, securing, and growing a network of individual donors, with evidence of securing gifts of $25,000 and greater
• Successful donor stewardship experiences, including excellent storytelling and impact reporting
• Strong communication, including written, public speaking and presentation skills, with evidence of relationship management and donor communication
• Comprehensive strategic thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• On-going interest in social justice and diversity, equity and inclusion work
• Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage leadership and C-suite colleagues to manage and deepen donor relationships
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including varied socio-economic status, and communities
• Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as necessary for completion of job duties
Preferred or Ideal
• Board management and recruitment experience
• Experience asking for and securing multi-year gifts from individual donors
• For more, please refer to our Careers page at www.jstart.org/about/careers/
Salary - $92,700.19 - $105,000 - with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete an online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job