Director: Democratic Governance
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) operates as a non-profit organization. The Organization offers assistance to civic and political leaders, citizen participation promotion, civic organization building, and safeguarding elections. NDI conducts its business worldwide.
Director: Democratic Governance
Effective, democratically elected, public-sector institutions are critical to a functioning democracy. Yet many countries around the world are unable to deliver basic services that all citizens expect related to health, education and general welfare because of the lack of effective and transparent oversight of budgets and appropriations, a failure to address economic development issues, and rampant corruption.
Strengthen NDI's Capacity and Delivery of Effective Governance Program s by working across the Institute to support programming related to improved democratic governance, particularly on issues related to inclusive policy development and capacity-building with a focus on economic reform, budget oversight, transparency, and anti-corruption strategies.
• Serve as lead technical advisor for programs around the globe related to the engagement of national legislatures, and local and municipal institutions to improve transparent budgeting processes; address economic reform measures; oversee revenues from natural resources; and develop anti-corruption measures
• Conduct regional and in-country assessments at national, local and municipal levels, to determine improved governance strategies
• Organize expertise and innovation on democratic governance from all levels of the organization and channel it into program design, best practices and global norms and standards
• Bachelor's degree required in relevant disciplines such as international affairs or political science. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement
• Minimum 20 years of professional work experience in international development related to legislative engagement, budget and appropriations transparency, anti-corruption, economic reform, oversight of natural resource revenues, and local governance
• Experience managing a multi-cultural team in strategic planning, creative program design, and effective project implementation
• Prior legislative experience or demonstrated expertise on inclusive legislative engagement
• Experience conducting in-country assessments, recommending/developing monitoring and evaluation approaches, and design tools for improved governance
• Knowledge of current international approaches to improving legislative performance, civil society oversight of budgets and appropriations, and economic reform, anti-corruption, and specific familiarity with State, USAID, DFID, IMF, World Bank and other donor approaches to this field
• Strong analytical approaches to problem solving combined with practical on the ground program development experience; experience designing and executing trainings to educate staff and partners organizations to build capacity on good governance and improved legislative performance
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vs5jnqxngkpddz8m
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job