Director, Business Operations
Last Mile Health
About the organization
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we do things differently, despite the challenges. Are you excited to use your project management skills to streamline processes to ensure cost effectiveness, develop a global vision for technology use, and roll-out programs to support our employees to do their best work? If so, you may be our next Director, Business Operations.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Offer and supervising a Project Coordinator, the Director, Business Operations will be responsible for the oversight and enhancement of technology systems design, risk mitigation procedures and products, facilities management, and organization-wide policy creation. The Director will act as a key relationship manager and foster strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to provide insight into evolving business requirements. They will also work with cross-functional teams, external vendors and consultants to promote and execute the strategic goals of the organization from an operational perspective that optimize value, quality, and ensure cost-effectiveness.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute global vision for technology use, procurement, migration, and deployment that integrates with current and future technology needs across a range of LMH functional areas
- Provide guidance to management teams on a range of system implementation and integration workstreams, including internet services, system configurations, vendor selection, data protection and back-ups
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing operational strategies and systems in growing international organizations or companies with several office environments
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategies for global technology use
- Strong understanding of project management systems, process design, and policy development
- The ability to travel 20% internationally and 5% domestically per year
- Experience working closely with employees recruited in a limited resource settings
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner
- Comfort working with a casual but high-performing team
You'll Impress Us If
- You have operationalized innovative information technology and/or global systems initiatives in limited resource areas
- You have a background in IT
- You have previous done this work for a non-profit or start-up
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job