Director, Agricultural & Environmental Metrics
WWF Washington, DC
About the organization
The Freshwater and Food team at WWF-US works to address the two biggest threats to nature: agriculture and infrastructure. The Director serves as the leading Agricultural and Environmental Metrics expert on metrics for the WWF-US Freshwater and Food team, and as a key technical advisor to the WWF Network. The incumbent will design and implement an evidence-based and aligned approach for aggregating impact across the different initiatives within the Freshwater and Food team, which will guild strategy development and drive achieving impacts related to freshwater ecosystems and sustainable food production and consumption systems. The Director provides strategic leadership related to relevant metric instruments and data to the Freshwater and Food team to measurably assess the impact of our conservation programs to reduce or eliminate the main environmental impacts of food systems.
This role will cover three primary areas for the Freshwater and Food team:
1. Lead and facilitate the harmonization of metrics across the Freshwater & Food team initiatives and portfolio to drive strategy and to report on our collective impact at the organization level;
2. On behalf of the Freshwater and Food team, provide thought leadership, program management, technical review, and analysis of sustainability metrics platforms and commitments especially related to agricultural supply chains and commitments from corporate actors, including bilateral corporate engagement, leadership on the Science-Based Targets for Freshwater (SBTN: FW) platform, and engagement on the Science-based Targets Initiative Forest, Land Use, and Agriculture (SBTi-FLAG) methodology development among other initiatives;
3. Support the development and implementation of high-level initiatives from the US office that aim to develop a comprehensive sustainability metrics framework to support better decision-making and better environmental practices for food production for a range of stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (Doctorate preferred) in data science, impact assessment, ecosystem assessment and/or agriculture/food related discipline with 10 or more years of experience in quantification methodologies, life-cycle analysis, or other relevant analytical skills designed to measure the environmental impacts of food production.
• Technical capacity and experience in managing a global network of applied science experts and ability to connect, collaborate, and influence them is required.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills; knowledge, experience and certification using project management tools a plus.
**Please note that this position will only be posted for 30 days. Please remit your resume at your earliest convenience.
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22040
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job