Digital Skills Instructor
International Rescue Committee
About the organization
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. For over 25 years our offices has provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
· Receive client referrals and conduct initial client assessments, set goals, provide one on one digital skill coaching, and regular follow up;
· Deliver group instruction in Digital Skills, both in-person and remotely, as necessary;
· Lead logistics planning for all group instruction sessions, including scheduling, transportation, space, childcare, and interpretation issues as they arise
· Collaborate with the Curriculum Specialist to ensure foundational digital skills are integrated into job readiness programing;
· Liaise with Caseworkers, Employment Specialists and team members to ensure successful plans are developed for enhancing clients’ digital skills;
· Monitor and Evaluate progress through client assessments and data tracking in ETO. Complete a final program assessment;
· Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with relevant quality assurance standards;
· Coordinate services with the broader IRC in Dallas team to ensure a holistic approach to moving individuals and entire families forward;
· Participate in training and professional development relevant to the role;
· Other duties as assigned
· Undergraduate degree is preferred;
· Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in human services field is ideal;
· Experience with education and/or digital skills programming;
· Previous experience working with refugees or immigrants preferred;
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written, is required;
· Fluency in Arabic, Russian, Dari, Burmese, Kiswahili or other languages and cultures of the local refugee population is strongly preferred;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Effective, professional presentation skills;
· Proficient in general office software programs, e.g., MS Office suite, email, internet applications and relational databases (familiarity with Efforts to Outcomes particularly valuable);
· Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment;
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and complete work in a fast-paced environment; and
· Valid driver’s license, reliable access to vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area preferred.
· Standard office work environment combined with considerable time in the field and in neighborhoods where clients live and work.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job