Digital Media & Sponsorship Coordinator
Tanzanian Children's Fund
About the organization
About the Tanzanian Children’s Fund:
The Tanzanian Children’s Fund (TCF) works to eliminate poverty and improve the lives of marginalized children and families in the Karatu region of northern Tanzania. As part of our mission, TCF provides a loving and permanent home to 102 orphaned, vulnerable children at the Rift Valley Children’s Village. In addition to providing legal guardianship for the children that call Rift Valley Children’s Village home, TCF also works to promote the well-being of all children and address the problem of systemic poverty by attacking its root causes from all sides. We provide access to high-quality education, free healthcare, and business trainings and loans for the entire community.
• Capture photos and videos that highlight our mission and programs, producing bold and cutting-edge multimedia material
• Regularly share photos with sponsors, donors and US office
• Create media-based projects such as yearbooks and calendars
• Generate story ideas for monthly blogs, e-newsletters, and other external communications initiatives in collaboration with U.S. Managing Director
Social Media Management:
• Manage, create, and post social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Assist in building social media campaigns that align with development objectives
• Maintain an organized and searchable photo database of children, staff, volunteers and programs
• Correspond with sponsors throughout the year, being attentive to their needs and responsive to inquiries
• Maintain our sponsorship database, ensuring Excel records are synchronized and reflective of recent donor logs
• Manage incoming sponsor gifts and assist children with letters, pictures, and holiday cards for sponsors
• Create and send bi-annual renewal letters to sponsors
• Create and maintain biographies for sponsored children and scholarship students
• Assist in hosting visitors and providing tours of the Children’s Village
• Build and maintain partnerships with select third parties
• Creative: You make things look good. You’re a pro at finding good lighting and great angles; photo editing comes naturally; and you may even have some graphic design experience.
• A Self-Starter: You have the independence to seek out stories and take initiative.
• A People Person: You are comfortable welcoming new faces, sending enthusiastic emails, and asking new friends if you can take their picture.
• Savvy on Social Media: You have experience managing social accounts and are updated on the latest trends and best practices.
• Detail Oriented & Deadline Driven: You know how to keep projects on track in order to reach targets and deadlines.
• Adventurous: You're willing to put yourself out there. Whether it’s moving to rural East Africa or asking a stranger about their story, you aren’t afraid of the uncomfortable.
• Easy-going: Sometimes, things don't go as planned. You have the patience & good humor to go with the flow.
• Inspiring: You are able to create engaging and smile-worthy content that successfully conveys our mission.
• Educated: You have earned a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent level of education.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and the URL of a social media account you have managed if applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job