Digital Literacy/Microsoft Office Specialist Instructor (Hourly)
Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) / Arlington Public Schools (APS)
About the organization
The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) provides English classes to adults at convenient times and locations around Arlington. We also offer career development opportunities with English for child care provider classes, computer skills certification, and TOEFL preparation classes. Instruction at REEP includes language instruction, with U.S. culture, computer skills, community involvement, and workforce preparation integrated into the courses.
• Plan and implement daily digital literacy instruction and English language support designed to prepare intermediate and advanced adult ESL learners to complete the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) core skills certification test in Word and Excel.
• Utilize effective teaching and class management strategies to address students’ needs, including learner-centered instruction, differentiated instruction, individual support, volunteer support.
• Evaluate and advise students,
• Maintain accurate student records on attendance and progress,
• Assist Digital Literacy Coordinator with laptop lending tasks, and
• Attend teacher meetings and participate in staff development.
• Bachelor’s degree in ESL or related field
• Experience teaching ESL to adult immigrants and refugees at a variety of levels,
• Experience teaching digital literacy to adults and/or experience providing instruction/training with Microsoft Office applications (preferred)
• Hold or able to earn prior to start of assignment 2013 or later Microsoft Office Specialist Word and Excel Certifications (preferred)
• Familiarity with competency-based and learner-centered approaches.
2019-2020 REEP hourly scale of $24.09 to $36.90 per hour, depending on length of service with REEP, plus 20% paid planning time
Contact email: [email protected]
Class Dates: September 30, 2019 – December 20, 2019
Start Date: Between September 16 and September 23, 2019 for orientation & training
Application Due Date: August 31, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply