Digital Health Manager
About the organization
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve poor communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems. Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 140,000 people, IH is scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 to support the Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. Increasingly, we are also applying the lessons learned in Togo to inform healthcare delivery in the United States.
For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
Are you a senior engineer or developer with experience leading the development or implementation of health information systems? Have you worked with DHIS2, OpenSRP, or MedicMobile? Have you built data collection tools or worked to integrate data flows across applications using APIs? Can you facilitate and marshal diverse stakeholders, including those in the government, to agree upon requirements and back a strategy? Can you work with external partners to plan and manage complex projects? Do you speak French?
• Establish strong relationships with technical focal points in the Ministry of Health and development partners such as Unicef and WHO;
• Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health on areas related to digital health such as DHIS2 and the evaluation/implementation of other technology initiatives;
• Working actively with key partners and the Ministry of Health, facilitate the expansion of Togo's digital health strategy to cover community health programs
• Conduct research and stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and innovations to ensure mHealth work remains consistent with best practices and responsive to program needs
• Working closely with senior staff and partners, craft and implement Integrate Health’s mHealth strategy
• Supervise a small development team to adapt existing tools and technologies for the local context
• Oversee Integrate Health’s rollout of mHealth tools to several districts with the overall goal of improving quality of care
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, public health or related field; graduate degree preferred;
• Minimum five years of work experience, specifically in mHealth and health information systems such as DHIS2;
• Experience designing and implementing mHealth or ICT4D systems, including data collection tools and systems such as OpenSRP, KoboToolbox, Medic Mobile, etc;
• Experience working with Ministries of Health and other key stakeholders (ex. WHO, UNICEF) to collaborate together on national plans and strategies;
• Strong data hygiene and analysis skills;
• Knowledge of programming languages; strong IT skills; project management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds;
• Commitment to social justice and to the fundamental rights of the poor;
• Fluent French required; intermediate English is a plus;
• Flexibility and able to handle the unexpected with grace and humor.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Digital Health Manager Application in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply