Catholic Releif Services
About the organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS’s digital team builds, maintains, and optimizes CRS’s flagship website (crs.org), and supporting microsites. CRS’s web properties are essential to our two-part mission (promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and, serve Catholics in the US as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world).
We are seeking a highly experienced, full-stack developer who can assist with the front and end back end of our websites. These websites are mission-critical, helping nearly every division across the agency engage stakeholders and advance our goals.
A successful candidate will be:
Experienced developing the back-end of WordPress and Drupal websites.
Comfortable familiarizing him/herself with our systems, which include EveryAction, SalesForce, Clearview, DonorDrive, and how they interact with email acquisition and engagement, online advocacy, online donations, etc.
Familiar with the principals of PHP and OOP templating and frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony; MySQL and SQL Server; version control software like SVN, CVS, or Git; and be comfortable with CLI as well as basic principles of web and cloud-based architecture.
• BA degree in a related field required
• Minimum of four years of work experience required. Preferably six or more years of progressively responsible work experience.
• 4 or more years of experience with JQuery and LAMP (Linux, MySQL, PHP technology stack experience a plus
• 3 or more years of experience developing websites using Drupal and WordPress
• Fluency with Drupal 7.x; common Drupal modules; Views, Features, and Panels; and the core API (application program interface)
• Experience with Drupal 8, 9 preferred
• Experience implementing responsive web design
• Experience with front-end debugging tools, and a strong understanding of rendering differences between browsers, devices, and operating systems
• Basic understanding of Agile project management
• Basic understanding of information architecture best practices
• Basic understanding of SEO best practices
• Basic understanding of performance optimization techniques
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job