Women for Women International
About the organization
Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women in countries affected by conflict and war. Our programs enable them to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, women are able to create sustainable change for themselves, their family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped more than 500,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We have served women in 8 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Development, creates and implements an annual plan and budget for a multi-segment mid-level donor program designed to meet the fundraising needs of WfWI, collaborating with the Director of Marketing, vendors, and other members of the team as appropriate.
- Personally manages a caseload of approximately 500-600 US-based mid-level donors to maximize annual revenue.
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Major Gifts Officer to facilitate the transition of relationships between mid-level and major gifts management and, as appropriate, assists in the cultivation of potential major donors and planned giving prospects.
- Participates in and plays a coordinating role in monthly portfolio meetings focused on plans for cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of mid-level and major donors.
- Builds relationships with mid-level donors via phone calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and events.
- Develops outreach plans that demonstrate appreciation, recognition, and engagement of mid-level donors and prospects.
- Develops and drives the implementation of innovative, multi-channel strategies for mid-level acquisition, retention, and upgrade, working closely with MD&C colleagues, as appropriate.
- Collaborates across teams on creative design, messaging, and data segmentation for mid-level mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Three to five years of mid-level or major donor experience with an emphasis on balancing both a mass stewardship program that feels personal and a portfolio of high-touch relationships.
- Experience with multi-channel donor engagement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful and successful supporter relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategies for donor recruitment and retention.
- Demonstrated ability to produce program and project documentation, such as strategy documents, creative briefs, project plans, wrap-up reports, KPI reports.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with complex data segmentation for fundraising programs preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative with problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills, who is comfortable working in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as appropriate, moving projects from conceptual stages to launch while handling multiple or even competing deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines calmly and to communicate with diplomacy.
- Previous development experience with an international non-profit preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency using MS Office, extensive knowledge of Excel preferred.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through our career page here: https://www.womenforwomen.org/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job