About the organization
StoveTeam promotes the local production of safe, affordable, fuel-efficient cookstoves in the developing world. We assist local entrepreneurs to start factories using local labor and materials. These businesses produce safe, affordable, fuel-efficient cookstoves to replace dangerous open cooking fires.
StoveTeam's model has been awarded the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Partnership for Clean Indoor Air Award for Developing Local Markets for our innovative approach creating local employment while improving health and reducing air pollution.
StoveTeam seeks an enthusiastic, creative and motivated Development Director to join our team. The position will work closely with the Executive Director, Communications and Operations Manager and Board to develop and implement StoveTeam’s fundraising Strategies. This is a .8 FTE to full-time position working primarily in US with occasional work abroad to develop StoveTeam’s overall fundraising strategy.
Overall position will consist of:
• Managing and implementing StoveTeam’s current Fundraising Program.
• Planning and evaluating fundraising campaigns and activities changes.
• Identifying and stewarding current and prospective donors.
• Staying on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community.
• Development and implementation of donor engagement and retention strategies.
• Evaluating current fundraising campaigns and activities and developing new strategies for fiscal security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional experience in fundraising, database management
- Familiarity with digital communications
- Technologically savvy, fluent using social media, blogs, website administrator tools, database and email systems
- Graphic design abilities/experience
- Highly organized, accurate and responsible
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, identify priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Spanish language skills are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Track record of soliciting and securing gifts
- Strong passion and commitment for the mission of StoveTeam International
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Professional and outgoing demeanor
- Ability to think creatively and critically
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job