ACE Charter Schools
About the organization
ACE: Believe. Belong. Become.
ACE serves 5th-12th grade students at 3 middle schools and 1 High School in East San Jose. Founded through community organizing, ACE strategically recruits students and families that haven’t felt like they belonged at school. As a result, 91% of our students are considered low-income, 20% of students qualify for special education services, and 50-60% are classified as English-Learners. After 12 years, our model is seeing results: 100% of the ACE High School seniors meet a-g eligibility requirements for CSU/UC compared with 35% across the state.
Our relationship-driven, community-focused approach embodies our tagline: “Grow Everyone Everyday.”
ACE is looking for a strategic leader with a deep understanding of fundraising and philanthropy to help us achieve the ambitious ACE mission. Reporting to the CEO, the Development Director will develop and execute a multi-year fundraising plan and strategies designed to achieve ACE’s strategic plan, lead marketing and communication strategies to increase brand visibility, and establish systems and processes to institutionalize best practices. The Development Director will work closely with the Board and committees to grow and diversify donors and revenue including launching ACE’s first major giving program.
As part of the executive leadership team, the Development Director also serves as a trusted senior advisor and engages in strategic and operational planning for ACE, and partners with the CFO on budget and revenue planning and analysis. The ideal candidate is an innovative fundraiser who can position the organization to thrive in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment. You are resourceful, comfortable operating in ambiguity and managing up, and believe deeply in ACE’s mission: that all students can succeed.
Responsibilities (in-depth details can be found by visiting the job application link)
- Development and Fundraising
- Marketing and Communications
- Team Leadership
- 5-10+ years of fundraising experience, including experience closing major gifts ($10,000+)
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of philanthropy, including giving trends, benchmarks, and best practices; research; fundraising techniques and strategies; data analytics; and development operations such as gift processing, prospect and donor research, and fundraising reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies that include a range of funding sources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to translate complex content to key-decision makers and diverse stakeholders ranging from students and families to high net worth donors
- You exemplify a growth mindset- others describe you as adaptable and comfortable in environments that change rapidly.
- You are deeply motivated by the ACE mission: you believe that all students are capable of gaining the skills and will to succeed in college and beyond.
- Experience working in the education sector preferred, but not required.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job