The Land Connection
About the organization
The Land Connection provides farmers the training and education they need to improve environmental and ecological outcomes for our community, and economic and quality of life outcomes for our farmers. We strive to build connections between farmers to create a deep sense of community and social support for regenerative farming. We offer this training through conferences, workshops, field days, and webinars. Our Champaign Farmers Market is the cornerstone for our work in food access. It is a place where farmers can access new customers and the community can access healthy, locally grown and produced food. We organize Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and WIC/Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program incentives at our market to help underserved families enjoy food grown by their neighbors. In addition to our farmer training and food access work, TLC fosters connections with the community at large to provide education on the importance of a local food system.
• Coordinate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on the development and implementation of a strategic fundraising plan
• Oversee the planning and implementation of organization’s annual campaigns, including the spring fund drive and the year-end campaign
• Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors at all giving levels
• With Executive Director, oversee gift processing and donor acknowledgement process
• Maintain the donor database in support of all fundraising initiatives
• Oversee and direct the planning of fundraising events, including the annual spring fundraiser and The Artisan Cup & Fork
• In coordination with staff, research and identify foundation and government grants for organization programs and projects, then lead grant writing
• Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications Manager, Farmer Training Program Manager, and Farmers Market and Outreach Manager on corporate sponsorship campaigns
• Work with Marketing and Communications Manager on online giving programs and sponsorships
• Work collaboratively with staff to identify avenues of support for programs and projects
• Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their development responsibilities
• Attend weekly staff meetings, check-ins, project meetings, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience in a related field, preferably in a non-profit environment
• Proven writing skills
• Strong communication skills and an ability to develop good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Highly motivated
• Great organizational skills
• Strong community builder
• Proven leadership and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with sustainable and organic agriculture and local foods
• Experience managing a donor database (CRM)
• Ability to work some nights and weekends
• Preference given to candidates with experience in event planning and grant writing
Depending on the candidate, remote work may be considered.
The Land Connection is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Contact email: [email protected]
Choose one of the following options:
1. Send a letter of interest, resume with three references, and writing sample (blog, short story, grant proposal, etc.) to [email protected]
2. Visit our website and apply using the applicant form www.thelandconnection.org/employment/
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job