Development Coordinator VISTA (Bryan, TX)
Texas Association of Charitable Clinics
About the organization
Texas Association of Charitable Clinics, TXACC, is a private, not-for-profit membership association - 501 (c)(3) that supports Texas' free and charitable clinics. Through mentoring, the provision of resources, education, advocacy efforts, and services, TXACC seeks to strengthen the charitable clinic system in Texas.
Are you a volunteer warrior? Do you want a career in service? Join AmeriCorps VISTA! The program is designed to function as a stateside Peace Corps, placing high quality, dedicated individuals in poverty facing non-profit organizations throughout the country. Through activities such as community outreach, fundraising, grant writing, research, & volunteer recruitment AmeriCorps members in the VISTA program serve as changemakers and gain experience and leadership skills while doing it! This opportunity provides members with the experience needed for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
Our VISTA Members will be working on various projects at free & charitable clinics across Texas with the goal of expanding affordable healthcare. VISTA program members will be provided with on-going support & training, as well as invaluable experience in the healthcare field.
The Development Coordinator VISTA at Health for All will be responsible in developing levels of engagement through the creation of appropriate program and systems. The VISTA will be responsible in implementing systems for community volunteer recruitment & management & engaging clinic stakeholders through a variety of channels (Patient feedback, social media posts). The VISTA will be responsible in coordinating volunteers and committees & event communications for the Health for All fundraiser.
To learn more about VISTA: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
• Members receive a modest monthly living allowance of $1,150 to cover basic expenses.
• VISTA members are eligible for relocation allowance if they are moving more than 50 miles to a new community to begin service.
• Childcare Assistance.
• End of Service Award: Members can choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at $6,345) or $1,800 cash stipend.
• The education award may be used to repay qualified student loans, or can be used to pay for tuition or other educational expenses at eligible universities (including graduate programs) & vocational schools.
• On-Going Training and Professional Development.
• Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment: This allows a VISTA member who meets the minimum qualifications for a job to be hired by a federal agency, without having to compete with the general public.
• College Graduate & be 18 years or older (no upper age limit).
• VISTA Members serve on a full-time basis for one full year.
• Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), & persons legally residing within a state.
• Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty.
• Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems.
• Responsible for finding own housing.
• Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
$1,150 monthly living allowance
Contact email: [email protected]
If you have any additional questions, please contact TXACC's VISTA Leader, Umera Khan at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job