Calvary Women's Services
About the organization
Calvary Women's Services provides housing, health, education and employment programs to women experiencing homelessness in Washington, DC. With support from Calvary, women achieve their own goals for safe housing, good health, and financial stability. We know our programs work: every year over 70% of the women who come to Calvary end their homelessness.
The Development Associate plays an integral role on the development team, engaging in a wide range of administrative and fundraising activities. The position is a member of a five-person development and communications team and reports to the Chief Development Officer.
The Development Associate provides critical support to all aspects of the fundraising program. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the donor database, including data entry and reporting, with accuracy and consistency
- Exercise best practices to maintain clean data and identify opportunities to improve processes
- Create personalized, timely and engaging acknowledgments for financial and in-kind donors
- Coordinate logistics for mailings, including coordinating vendors and volunteers
- Manage event logistics, including RSVPs, guest lists, auction donations, and sponsor benefits, and staff events
- Work with finance to record and reconcile contributions
- Lead outreach efforts for workplace giving campaigns and attend campaign fairs and events
- Research current and prospective donors
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors, including collaboration with CEO on document management
- Contribute to Calvary’s blog and social media
- Speak at community events on behalf of the organization
- Serve as a point of contact for donors, prospects, vendors and other stakeholders
This position is currently primarily remote, with onsite work one half-day per week or as needed.
To achieve the essential functions of the role and have a positive impact on our organization, we are looking for candidates who meet the following qualifications:
- Two years of working with CRM databases, preferably DonorPerfect
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially spreadsheets, word processing and mail merge functions
- Interest in technology and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong understanding of data integrity best practices and database functionality
- Familiarity with basic fundraising principles and practices
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative and ability to manage time and tasks efficiently and to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player, able to pitch in on a variety of projects
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and have a strong customer service orientation
- Positive attitude, flexible nature, and sense of humor
Up to $50,000
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with Development Associate in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply