Volunteers in Medicine - SF (dba Clinic by the Bay)
About the organization
Since 2010 our goal has been simple, but ambitious: operate a free, volunteer-powered health clinic that provides high-quality, primary care to the hard working uninsured men and women in our community. Because they simply cannot afford to see a doctor, a majority of our patients come to us ill or suffering from chronic disease that have gone unchecked or undiagnosed for years. Every day, we are aware that for most of the working uninsured in our neighborhood, our free clinic is the difference between life and death.
Even with the Affordable Care Act, nearly 90,000 people remain uninsured in San Francisco & San Mateo counties — 25% of this population is in our neighborhood: Mission District, Excelsior and northern San Mateo County. Our goal is to meet the needs of this population, creating a genuine positive impact in our community and leveraging medical partnerships that allow us to support our patients beyond our doors.
The Development Assoc. is responsible for supporting all development and communications efforts of the Clinic – including a new capital campaign. Working with the Development & Communications Manager, this person will help cultivate and steward donors by arranging and joining site tours, answering questions, writing proposals and letters, and inspiring activity with donors on aggressive timelines. As a small and collaborative team, all members provide other administrative, tactical, and logistical support for donor relations and fiscal activities as needed.
Working hours may include evenings and weekends. Competitive hourly pay based upon experience, plus paid vacation and sick time, a generous holiday schedule, etc. The position could convert to full-time in the future depending on interest and performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Project management
● Produce customized donor materials, letters, and emails with high level of accuracy.
● Manage donor communications calendar
● Respond to donor inquiries and questions in writing and by phone
● Manage donor files, update database records
● Maintain campaign task list and spur others to action
● Maintain campaign donor list
● Manage campaign calendar
● Attend and staff campaign volunteer meetings
● Assist with all communications efforts for the clinic, including lead on social media
● Other duties as assigned
●● 1 - 2 years development experience or equivalent skills
● Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks efficiently.
● Excellent and accurate writing skills
● Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with paid staff and volunteers.
● Genuine passion in caring for the underserved and inspiring civic engagement.
● Commitment to the mission and values of Clinic by the Bay and Volunteers in Medicine.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
● Excellent communication skills
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and familiarity with database management systems.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information at all times.
● Punctuality and professional appearance.
● Experience with donor database and/or customer relations management systems (e.g. eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) is highly desirable.
● Previous work or volunteer experience in development/fundraising and with capital campaigns in a non-profit environment is a plus but not required.
● Spanish speakers are big plus
$18 - $21 hourly
Contact email: [email protected]
Please include a thoughtful cover letter with your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply