Development and Outreach Coordinator
About the organization
The use of open fires is one of the world’s most pressing public health and environmental problems. Globally, three billion people cook or heat their homes using open fires and solid fuels. Every year, open fires are responsible for more than four million premature deaths; the emissions of more than one billion tons of greenhouse gases; and the deforestation and destruction of the world’s forests. StoveTeam International has developed a safe and affordable solution that virtually eliminates harmful smoke, reduces particulate matter by 86%, carbon emissions by 68%, decreases wood usage by 50%, and provides economic opportunities for communities in Latin America.
StoveTeam International is a nonprofit organization based in Eugene, Oregon that promotes the local production of fuel-efficient cookstoves to replace dangerous open fires in the developing world.
Our innovative model provides local entrepreneurs with business training and technical assistance, and assists in securing start-up capital to establish sustainable Ecocina cookstove businesses. These businesses produce and sell the Ecocina locally, helping to replace unsafe and smoky open fires that cause debilitating burns and expose women and children to indoor air pollution equivalent to smoking three packs of cigarettes a day.
Since 2008, StoveTeam has established eight businesses in five countries that have produced and sold more than 66,000 cookstoves, improving the lives of half-a-million people with better health, clean air and increased work/school opportunities.
StoveTeam seeks an enthusiastic, creative and motivated Development & Outreach Coordinator to join our team. The position will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement StoveTeam’s fundraising and communications strategies. This is a full-time position working both locally and abroad to improve the donor and volunteer experience, promote organizational impact, meet fundraising and communications goals, and perform essential office functions.
Communications and Outreach:
- Draft, design, and edit constituent correspondence and reports, including social media posts, blogs, monthly e-newsletter, impact emails, annual report, website copy and other materials.
- Assist in developing the organization’s branding plan.
- Assist in hiring and managing an Outreach Intern.
- Ensure Constant Contact database is up-to-date and manage email lists.
- Use analytics for continuous improvement of communications.
- Help ensure that all correspondence is consistent in design and tone, and follows organization style guide.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a donor engagement and retention strategy.
- Maintain the organization’s ongoing communications calendar of upcoming content.
- Assist with the production and updating of organizational materials.
- Update the website.
- Organize and manage photos from the field.
- Track StoveTeam’s promotional materials and ensure sufficient supplies are available.
- Manage donation acknowledgement process.
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding donations.
- Oversee Everyday Hero (peer-to-peer fundraising) module, providing information to interested individuals.
- Update, add and maintain donor records in the database (etapestry).
- Manage gift entry process, Including copying checks, tracking weekly batches, and preparing weekly deposits.
- Code and track general donations, tributes, and workplace gifts. Prepare reports.
- Upload online transactions from online giving and communications systems.
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports.
- File all donation-related paperwork and maintain organized filing systems.
- Perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Perform mail merges and assist with fundraising mailings.
- Provide administrative support for special events, including invite design, mailing list generation, phone inquiries, RSVP tracking, in-kind gift requests and tracking and other clerical duties as designated by the Executive Director.
- Attendance at Special Events is required and may require evening/overnight or weekend work.
- Plan, implement and attend local benefits with area businesses. Network with attendees.
- Maintain office supplies and tracking, including letterhead, brochures, fliers, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in fundraising, database management preferred
- Familiarity with communications strategy
- Technologically savvy, fluent using social media, blogs, website administrator tools, database and email systems
- Graphic design abilities/experience a plus
- Highly organized, accurate and responsible
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, identify priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience working with diverse groups a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Written and spoken Spanish language fluency
- Strong passion and commitment for the mission of StoveTeam International
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Professional and outgoing demeanor
- Ability to think creatively and critically
Commensurate with experience
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter describing your interests and qualifications (with “Development & Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line) to Katie Laughlin at katie(at)stoveteam(dot)org. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job