Development and Fundraising Specialist (UPDATED)
About the organization
KS is a small nonprofit operating in Maine, USA and Cap-Haitien, Haiti with the goal of improving the healthcare sector in the greater Cap-Haitien region. It's a broad goal, and our programs involve different initiatives such as infant and maternal health, supply chain and resource support, solar power independence, and other directives.
KS understands the historic difficulties involved with aid work in general, and especially in Haiti. As such, KS is extremely invested in maintaining our good standing within our community, as we have for the past 20 years.
• Leads, develops, implements, and reports results of all fundraising events and practices for the organization
• Supports grant writing activities to pursue new and established funding sources
• Searches for new business opportunities for partnerships and develops ideas for new fundraisers
• Maintains, sells, and delivers metal art throughout the community to raise awareness and funds
• Engages new donors and partners to consistently and sustainably grow donor base
• Provides staff support to the fundraising and communications committee and to the board of directors as relevant
• Develops and publishes content for the Konbit Sante website, newsletter, social media, physical advertisement or materials, and press releases
• Consistently collects and stores media (photos and videos) to utilize for communication purposes
• Supports the development and integration of volunteers to assist in related duties
• Develops summer, end-of-of year, and seasonal newsletters
• Develops brochures, flyers, and publicity materials as needed
• Proven experience of at least 1-2 years in fundraising, development, and/or securing major gifts for a nonprofit organization – preferably with some global health or international development experience
• Bachelor’s level degree in Development, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or a related field are desired but other degrees with appropriate experience will also be considered
***Partial telecommuting is possible but relocation to Maine is strongly preferred***
$48-52k+/year, higher levels of experience may allow for additional negotiation
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email the above contact with a resume and a brief cover letter stating how you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for KS.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job