Deputy Subgrants Manager
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Deputy Subgrants Manager
This position is responsible for oversight of sub-award management, from donor application through sub-award closeout, contributing to and monitoring the effectiveness, efficiency, and adequacy of the subgrant administration policies, procedures, and processes. The incumbent supports the assessment, design, and implementation of appropriate business process improvements based on recommendations provided by the NDI strategic priority initiatives related to effective subgrant management.
Peripheral Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Non-essential)
• Provide NDI staff with capacity strengthening; training regional and functional staff on subaward administration.
• Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Incumbent operates under general direction and works in accordance with established procedures and objectives.
• Incumbent serves as a resource and provides guidance to lower-level staff.
• Incumbent regularly interacts with staff at all levels within NDI.
• Incumbent regularly interacts with NDI partners, funders, and other stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or related field.
• Six years of experience with the administration of USG and non-USG contracting and grant-making, procedures, regulations, and policies required.
• Experience with USAID is required. Experience with the Department of State, and other international development donors is highly desirable.
• Supervisory experience.
To comply with tax and legal obligations, all candidates for DC-based positions must reside in Maryland, DC or Virginia. While there may be flexibility for remote/hybrid work environments, candidates must be residents of MD, DC or VA or relocate prior to the start of employment at NDI.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job